As a starter, this topic prepares me for the grooming expectations of the corporate world, and mainly, it taught me about the various dress codes common in the corporate scene, as well as “Dressing for 9 to 5”.
Previously, I was uncertain about the attire worn for different events but now, after being aware of the guidelines on selection of clothing and accessories, I can be rest assured that I would at least be saved from any potential embarrassment of dressing unsuitably in the office!
Previously, I was uncertain about the attire worn for different events but now, after being aware of the guidelines on selection of clothing and accessories, I can be rest assured that I would at least be saved from any potential embarrassment of dressing unsuitably in the office!

However, the setback of the lecture and workshop was that there was a lack of pictures explaining the different dress codes, and it was a little difficult for me to visualise the image of the different attires.
The topic also gives all of us a reminder that because first impressions do matter, especially during an interview and during service encounters, individualism should be kept to a minimum as it reflects badly on oneself.
In addition, the definitions of body language give me a better understanding of the behaviour of the people surrounding me, as well as a clearer picture of the circumstances and situations they are in.

For example, in the above picture, it can be seen that these two people feel out of place and uncomfortable in the scenario. The lady is clutching her throat as well, indicating that she may not be feeling well. The man also seems to be shuddering, indicating he may be afraid or cold. Also, notice that the lady is wearing a business suit while the background shows women in dresses.