This topic was relatively interesting as it allowed me to know more about other countries, instead of the usual theories. The lecture covered the background information of India and some of the basic knowledge of the business district, New Delhi.
Apart from that, during the project presentations, we also got to learn about the different countries each group did on. I thought the most memorable presentation was the one on France, as the country is very different from the other countries presented. Their customs and practices are so much different compared to the Asian countries of India, China and Japan.
Knowing about the different cultures in different countries is important as this way, we may avoid offending the local residents. As cultures are different, actions and gestures or words in a country may have a totally opposite meaning in another country. It is thus important to know at least, the basics of their body languages or language when going to another country to do business, as attempts to learn their culture also shows sincerity.
In the future, if I ever do go on overseas business trips, I will firstly do destination research on their language, areas and transportation system, etc. After getting to know the basics, I would be more comfortable with moving around within the country.
Apart from that, during the project presentations, we also got to learn about the different countries each group did on. I thought the most memorable presentation was the one on France, as the country is very different from the other countries presented. Their customs and practices are so much different compared to the Asian countries of India, China and Japan.
Knowing about the different cultures in different countries is important as this way, we may avoid offending the local residents. As cultures are different, actions and gestures or words in a country may have a totally opposite meaning in another country. It is thus important to know at least, the basics of their body languages or language when going to another country to do business, as attempts to learn their culture also shows sincerity.
In the future, if I ever do go on overseas business trips, I will firstly do destination research on their language, areas and transportation system, etc. After getting to know the basics, I would be more comfortable with moving around within the country.