Past experiences have taught me that every organisation has a different culture, set of beliefs, and way of doing things. They follow their traditions that have been passed on, their training programs are different, and so are their recognition rewards system. I must thus never bring forward any culture to the next organisation I work at because each company has its own individual tradition.
In the future when I work, there will also be many chances for me to observe, if my supervisor or boss, is a manager, or a leader. While managers like controlling people and focus on the logical and practical evidence such as data and facts, leaders make the difference by paying attention to employees and emphasising on teamwork. The difference however, is that fellow employees will be more willing to work for a leader who cares, instead of a manager.
In the future when I work, there will also be many chances for me to observe, if my supervisor or boss, is a manager, or a leader. While managers like controlling people and focus on the logical and practical evidence such as data and facts, leaders make the difference by paying attention to employees and emphasising on teamwork. The difference however, is that fellow employees will be more willing to work for a leader who cares, instead of a manager.
When I do climb up to higher positions, I would also like to aim to be a leader who cares about her employees and has their support. This way, there is also not much need for controlling them, as they are already willing to put in their best.
Customer satisfaction, a company’s main aim, can also be achieved if everyone puts in effort and their sincerity to have a “relationship” or connection with customers. An important note I have taken is to make sure that internal customers are also positively treated as customers, and that feedback from them is still needed. The view of an observer or customer is the opposite of that of a service provider, hence feedback about service is still required as at that point in time, they are customers.
Just the other day when I was having my Service Skills Methodology at Sugarloaf, I had the post of a captain who was in-charge of going around guests' tables and asking about what they thought of the food, etc. Early in the operation, there were many Culinary & Catering Management students, together with some chefs dining, and I decided against asking for their feedback.
Customer satisfaction, a company’s main aim, can also be achieved if everyone puts in effort and their sincerity to have a “relationship” or connection with customers. An important note I have taken is to make sure that internal customers are also positively treated as customers, and that feedback from them is still needed. The view of an observer or customer is the opposite of that of a service provider, hence feedback about service is still required as at that point in time, they are customers.
Just the other day when I was having my Service Skills Methodology at Sugarloaf, I had the post of a captain who was in-charge of going around guests' tables and asking about what they thought of the food, etc. Early in the operation, there were many Culinary & Catering Management students, together with some chefs dining, and I decided against asking for their feedback.
The main reason was due to the fact that I thought, "Since they were the ones who made the food, I suppose they will do the feedback themselves later". It never did occur to me, they were internal customers as well who may have wanted to feedback about the service received from fellow staff.
As for our assignment for this topic which required an email enquiry to a company, it allowed me to explore a company in a way I have never done so before! Besides the answer to the enquiry, I paid closer attention to the efficiency and attitude of the response given. The analysis I had of the company Gelare made me satisfied as I, as a customer, felt like I had been given priority, as there had been really prompt response for the enquiry.
As for our assignment for this topic which required an email enquiry to a company, it allowed me to explore a company in a way I have never done so before! Besides the answer to the enquiry, I paid closer attention to the efficiency and attitude of the response given. The analysis I had of the company Gelare made me satisfied as I, as a customer, felt like I had been given priority, as there had been really prompt response for the enquiry.